GSX+ 2020 breaks new ground
By CS Staff
Online experience redefines virtual events
By CS Staff
ASIS International opens their annual conference today on an entirely new virtual platform to provide maximum value for association members during the unprecedented global pandemic.
The new virtual experience, branded GSX+, builds on the annual Global Security Exchange (GSX) event and promises to be the largest virtual gathering of global security professionals. GSX+ is delivering a fully virtual experience that includes CPE-eligible education sessions, a robust Marketplace (virtual exhibit hall), and lively peer-to-peer networking. The event will continue through 25 September, featuring an extensive program with 140+ education sessions and daily keynote presentations. The show kicks off today with a General Session presentation by Juan Manuel Santos, two-term President of Columbia and recipient of the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize.
“GSX+ is truly a virtual experience unlike anything the security industry has experienced before,” said Godfried Hendriks, CPP, 2020 President, ASIS International Global Board of Directors, in a prepared statement. “The global pandemic challenged us, so we responded by seizing the opportunity to provide new value. For example, every educational session will be recorded and made available for attendees on-demand 24/7. Unlike previous in-person events, this change means that every attendee, no matter their travel restrictions or time zone, will be able to see and learn from every offered session. We are excited about every element of this new virtual event, and we hope that attendees will also seize this opportunity to experience all the possibilities.”
The following keynote presentations are scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at GSX+ this week:
- 22 September: Embracing the Future: Strategies for Building Resilience and Innovation
- 23 September: Leading in Turbulent Times
- 24 September: The Future of Cybersecurity
The GSX+ educational lineup includes 140+ scheduled and on-demand sessions across five tracks: National Security, Physical and Operational Security, Risk Management, Digital Transformation/ Information Security, and Leadership and Managing within Organizations.
GSX+ also offers numerous opportunities for peer networking, including virtual receptions, awards celebrations, and even the famous ASIS Break Room. Here are a few of the planned events:
- Today, 3:30 ET: Join the Welcome Reception, which will feature a Rock & Roll Game Show for GSX+ attendees where music is central. Join the fun with renowned musician-MCs – they’ll keep the entertainment going so you can focus on relaxing and connecting.
- 22 September, 3:30 pm ET: ASIS Women in Security and Young Professionals Happy Hour
- 23 September, 3:30 pm ET: GSX+ Military and Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
- 24 September, 3:30 pm ET: President’s Reception
- 25 September, 12:25 pm ET: Awards Celebration
- 24/7: The ASIS Break Room