Fortinet Security Fabric: The Industry’s Highest Performing Cybersecurity Platform
As organizations accelerate their digital innovation initiatives, ensuring their security can keep up with today’s complex and fast-evolving threat landscape is critical. What used to be known as the “network perimeter” is now splintered across the infrastructure due to the explosion of network edges, work from anywhere, and multi-cloud models.
It’s common for organizations to “bolt on” disparate security tools to protect a function or one segment of the network in isolation. However, this practice makes maintaining organization-wide visibility and consistent policy enforcement next to impossible. As attack sequences get more complex and innovative, organizations struggle to deliver the expected secure high-performing user-to-application connection.
The Fortinet Security Fabric
The Fortinet Security Fabric is the industry’s highest-per- forming cybersecurity platform, powered by FortiOS, with a rich open ecosystem. It spans the extended digital attack surface and cycle, enabling self-healing security and networking to protect devices, data, and applications.
The Fabric is built on three key attributes:
• Broad – Reduce risk and manage the entire digital attack surface. Our broad portfolio enables coordinated threat detection and policy enforcement across the entire digital attack surface and lifecycle with converged networking and security across edges, clouds, endpoints, and users.
• Integrated – Close the security gaps and reduce complexity. Integrated and unified security, operations, and performance across different technologies, locations, and deployments enables complete visibility. It also tightens security of all form factors including hardware appliances, virtual machines, cloud-delivered, and X-as-a-Service. Fabric-ready Partner products are included in the Fabric ecosystem.
• Automated – Faster time to prevention and efficient operations. A context aware, self-healing network and security posture leverages cloud-scale and advanced AI to automatically deliver near-real-time, user-to-application coordinated protection across the Fabric.
The Key Pillars of the Fortinet Security Fabric
One operating system drives the Fortinet Security Fabric, which supports more deployment models than any other solution. These include physical, virtual, cloud, and X-as- a-Service environments. And it encompasses the industry’s broadest ecosystem and product portfolio, spanning end- points, networks, and clouds.
• Security Driven Networking – Security-Driven Networking enables digital innovation with the convergence of networking and security into a single, inte- grated system that can expand to any edge. Fortinet was named a Leader in both the November 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls and the September 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure. Our FortiGate next-generation firewall is the single product that achieved Leader status in both reports.
• Zero Trust Access – Fortinet Zero Trust Access (ZTA) supports taking a zero-trust approach, verifying who and what is on your network. With the new updates in FortiOS 7.0 every FortiGate customer using the FortiClient Agent can now employ zero trust network access (ZTNA) capabilities right out of the box. Management is simplified by using the same adaptive, application access policy whether users are on or off the network.
• Adaptive Cloud – Consistent, cloud native security with auto-scaling is provided across and within multi-cloud environments. Adaptive Cloud Security allows for effective usage of resources with auto-scaling, dynamic load-balancing, and application user experience visibility. In addition, our context-aware policy is extended into these environments providing coordinated threat response via integration with FortiGuard AI-powered security services.
To learn more about the Fortinet Security Fabric please visit: https://www.fortinet.com/solutions/enterprise-midsize-business/security-fabric