The Security Executive Council, (SEC) which tracks trends among security practitioners, has identified seven issues that have challenged security leaders over the last 12 months.
- Justifying the resources to improve or expand security programs.
- Finding a reliable way to determine how well the contract officer program is performing.
- Bringing core programs up to practice levels that keep pace with business change.
- Keeping up with new or emerging security issues, trends and best practices.
- Keeping up with key security regulations and standards.
- Developing a cross-functional security operations center that works for our organization.
- Designing clear program plans or roadmaps that provide clarity and obtain stakeholder buy-in from the beginning.
The Security Leadership Research Institute (SLRI), the SEC’s research arm, is asking security practitioners to share their expertise by helping to identify the challenges in their organizations. SEC says this input will help the SLRI target their resources at the concerns that are most pressing for security leaders.
The SLRI’s poll on security challenges can be completed here.
Read more about the seven challenges here.
Print this page
Stories continue below
Leave a Reply