IACLEA’s Annual Conference is the premier event for campus public safety leaders. The four-day meeting draws an international audience and will feature educational sessions designed around tracks, including: Emergency Preparedness, Threat Assessment and Management, Technology, Legal Issues Update: Violence Against Women Act, Implications of Force, Leadership, and General Campus Law Enforcement topics. In addition to educational workshops, the meeting features general sessions, an exhibit area with products and services for the campus public safety community, awards and recognition, as well as special events.
“IACLEA is grateful to the many people who have worked together to ensure the success of this year’s event, including the Annual Conference Committee, the McGill University Host Committee, speakers, sponsors, and of course, our attendees. Continuing education is essential in our profession and we are excited about this year’s line-up of sessions and speakers,” said President Vickie Weaver, Director of Public Safety at Rider University in Lawrenceville, NJ.
Highlights of the Conference include:
· Opening Ceremony and Awards Presentation, Saturday, June 21, 8:30 to 10:15 a.m. Awards & Recognition Committee Chair, Eric Heath, will present the IACLEA Awards for: Innovations in Community Oriented Policing, Valor, Administrative Excellence, and Merit. The 2014 IACLEA Scholarships will also be awarded at that time.
· Special Olympic Law Enforcement Charity Torch Run, Saturday, June 21, 6:30 to 8:00 a.m.
· General Session: Seton Hall – After the Fire, Saturday June 21, 8:30 to 10:00 a.m.
· Host Event Sponsored by McGill University with Securitas Canada and Genetec on Saturday, June 21, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
· General Session: Introduction to the National Center for Campus Public Safety, Sunday, June 22, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. with Gary Margolis and Steven Healy, Partners, Margolis Healy
· General Session: Crisis Communications, Monday, June 23, 10:00 to 11:30 a.m., with David Demarest, Vice President, Office of Public Affairs at Stanford University.
· Installation Breakfast & Annual Business Meeting, Tuesday, June 24, 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. David Perry Chief of Police at Florida State University will be installed as the 2014-2015 President. Outgoing President, Vickie Weaver, will install the 2014-2015 Board of Directors.
IACLEA is an association that advances campus public safety for its more than 1,200 educational institution members and 2,000 individual members by providing educational resources, advocacy, and professional development services.
Campus law enforcement conference: Montreal
Nearly 300 delegates and close to 100 exhibitors will gather in Montréal for the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators’ Inc. (IACLEA) 56th Annual Conference and Exposition from Friday, June 20, through Tuesday, June 24, at the Hilton Montréal Bonaventure.
Most Popular Stories
4th Annual Mission 500 Hockey Classic
February 21, 2019
Security Career Expo
March 7, 2019
Canadian Technical Security Conference
April 2-4, 2019
April 10-12, 2019
26th Annual ASIS Toronto Best Practices Seminar
April 17, 2019
Security Canada East
April 24, 2019