By CS StaffProducts
PPSS Group announced an official replacement for their polycarbonate-based stab resistant body armour.
The firm’s product video, featuring the CEO Robert Kaiser being beaten and stabbed wearing the body armour is widely regarded as ‘physical evidence’ of its precise performance level and quality.
Kaiser said: “Following years of relentless R&D we have concluded that Polycarbonate as a raw material is, or at some point will no longer be good enough. Its lack of certified spike protection resulted in it becoming ‘morally’ very difficult for us. We learned to accept that improved protection from knives, machetes, razor blades, shanks and indeed spikes was needed.”
Certified Performance Levels
• CAST KR1/SP1 Stab & Spike – (CAST Body Armour Standard 2017)
• NIJ Level 1 Stab & Spike – (NIJ Standard 0115.01)
• VPAM K1 Stab & Spike – (VPAM KDIW 2004 – Edition 18.05.2011)
• VPAM I1 ‘Needle Protection’ – (VPAM KDIW 2004 – Edition 18.05.2011)
• VPAM W1 ‘Impact Protection’ – (VPAM KDIW 2004 – Edition 18.05.2011)
Print this page
Leave a Reply