IFSEC recognizes six Canadian security influencers
By StaffNews Industry News
IFSEC Global recently released its annual list of Global security and fire influencers, recognizing six Canadians:
- Mark Folmer, vice-president, security industry, TrackTik
- Rob Labbé, director, information security, Teck Resources Ltd.
- Terry Cutler, vice-president of cyber security, SIRCO Investigation and Protection
- Sean Sportun, manager, security & loss prevention, Circle K Stores
- Tanya Janca, senior cloud developer advocate, Microsoft Canada
- Matthieu Bissonnette, security manager, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
According to IFSEC, influencers are judged based on the following criteria:
- Someone who has played a key role in driving technological innovation
- Someone who has been a driving force in changing regulation, standards/guidance or best practice
- Someone whose insights/opinions are widely respected and which are influential in shaping debate around industry issues
- Someone who has been instrumental in the success of the organisation or business they lead or are employed by
- Someone who has helped to raise the industry’s profile or been an influential voice in the national media
This year, Grant Lecky, co-founder of the Security Partners Forum, acted as lead judge. Lecky was featured on the list in 2014 and 2017.
The complete list of winners is available here.
Print this page