IFSEC recognizes six Canadian security influencers
IFSEC Global recently released its annual list of Global security and fire influencers, recognizing six Canadians:
- Mark Folmer, vice-president, security industry, TrackTik
- Rob Labbé, director, information security, Teck Resources Ltd.
- Terry Cutler, vice-president of cyber security, SIRCO Investigation and Protection
- Sean Sportun, manager, security & loss prevention, Circle K Stores
- Tanya Janca, senior cloud developer advocate, Microsoft Canada
- Matthieu Bissonnette, security manager, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
According to IFSEC, influencers are judged based on the following criteria:
- Someone who has played a key role in driving technological innovation
- Someone who has been a driving force in changing regulation, standards/guidance or best practice
- Someone whose insights/opinions are widely respected and which are influential in shaping debate around industry issues
- Someone who has been instrumental in the success of the organisation or business they lead or are employed by
- Someone who has helped to raise the industry’s profile or been an influential voice in the national media
This year, Grant Lecky, co-founder of the Security Partners Forum, acted as lead judge. Lecky was featured on the list in 2014 and 2017.
The complete list of winners is available here.