IAHSS conference set for Charlotte in May
By Canadian SecurityNews Health Care
"Your Road Map to Excellence in Healthcare Security and Safety" is the theme of the 48th annual conference and exhibition of the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS). The event will be held in Charlotte, N.C., May 22 to 25, 2016.
This year’s program includes presentations from George Masi, president and CEO of Harris Health System; Greg Jones, managing director of diversity and inclusion at United Airlines; and Joe Clouatre, CEO of Innovative Business Partners.
New learning opportunities at this year’s AC&E include breakout sessions that enable attendees to learn in a more intimate and interactive setting. The three breakout session tracks include: leadership/management; investigations; and safety/emergency management/risk management.
The conference also features general sessions covering relevant topics in healthcare security, safety and emergency management. These include:
• Leading in Turbulent Times: Health System Security and Safety Imperatives – A View from the C-Suite
• How to Influence and Communicate with The Powers That Be
• Three Perspectives, One Goal: Reducing the Risk and Impact of Violence In Healthcare Facilities
• Diversity & Inclusion: An Honest Conversation
• Extreme Customer Service® for Non-Clinical Staff in Healthcare
• Make Actual Evidence Based Security Decisions: Avoiding Garbage-in/Garbage-out
• Updates and Tips for a Successful Joint Commission Survey
• Body Cameras in a Healthcare Environment
The International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) is dedicated to professionals involved in managing and directing security and safety programs in healthcare facilities.
Print this page
- Apple says FBI looking for a “dangerous power” in fight over phone
- CBC’s Marketplace investigates racial profiling of consumers