Dave Tyson’s successor named for ASIS presidency
By Canadian Security
ASIS International has announced that David C. Davis, CPP, will serve as its 2016 president. Davis will be the 61st president of ASIS, succeeding Dave N. Tyson, CPP, who will become ASIS chairman of the board in 2016.
By Canadian Security
In their leadership positions, both Davis and Tyson will also serve on the Board Management Committee of the Board of Directors. The Board Management Committee directs the activities between meetings of the full Board. These volunteer leaders maintain the strategic continuity of the programs, products and services ASIS provides. The full 2016 ASIS Board Management Committee is comprised of five people:
– President: David C. Davis, CPP, Senior Manager, Sector Security, Northrup Grumman, Fairfax, Va.
– President-Elect: Thomas J. Langer, CPP, Vice President Security, BAE Systems, Inc., Arlington, Va.
– Treasurer: Richard E. Chase, CPP, PCI, PSP, Chief Security Officer and Vice President-Security, Safety, and Environmental Health, General Atomics, San Diego, Ca.
– Secretary: Christina Duffey, CPP, President, Anderson Security Agency, Phoenix, Ariz.
– Chairman of the Board: Dave N. Tyson, CPP, Chief Security Officer and Senior Director, Information Security, SC Johnson & Son, Inc., Racine, Wis.
The office of the Secretary was filled through an election by the Board of Directors on Sept. 28 at the ASIS International 61st Annual Seminar and Exhibits, held in Anaheim, Ca.
Two new members were elected in August to serve a three-year term (2016-2018) on the Board of Directors. They are:
– Michael R. Bouchard, CPP, Chief Security Officer, Sterling Global Operations, Inc., Vienna, Va.
– Jeffrey J. Lee, CPP, Principal Consultant, Saudi Aramco, Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia
The following board members will continue to serve on the 2016 ASIS Board of Directors:
– Darryl R. Branham, CPP, Director Global Security, Avnet Inc., Phoenix, Ariz.
– Godfried Hendriks, CPP, Managing Director and Consultant, GOING Consultancy, BV, Zeist, Netherlands
– Richard F. Lisko, CPP, Vice President Business Development, Allied Barton Security Services, Dallas, Tex.
– Jaime P. Owens, CPP, Security Branch Supervisor, Canal De Panama, Panama City, Panama
– John A. Petruzzi, Jr., CPP, Vice President Enterprise Security Operations, Time Warner Cable, New York, NY
The newly elected Board will assume their positions on Jan.1, 2016.