CANASA on search for new Business Development Manager
By Canadian SecurityNews canasa CASC
The Canadian Security Association (CANASA) is looking for a Business Development Manager (Contract) to help with the promotion of the Canadian Accredited Security Contractor (CASC) program to key stakeholders, namely corporate security end-users, engineers, architects and specifiers in various vertical markets with the goal of stakeholder acceptance and use of the program.
The key responsibilities and functions of the position include:
– To develop a target list of engineers, architects and specifiers engaged in security projects working with or for industrial, commercial, municipal or government agencies.
– Promote the CASC program to the target list with the goal to get CASC included as a requirement on security projects.
– Provide detailed reports to the Executive Director on activities.
Skills and qualifications the organization is looking for include the following:
– Proven track record of success in business development
– Knowledge of the electronic security industry, tendering process and key players in the architect/engineers/specifiers business
– Available to work 20 to 35 hours per week during normal business hours
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
– Superior knowledge in MS Office 2007 applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and web meeting software such as WebEx, Adobe Connect or GoToMeeting
Compensation and benefits
This 6 months contract position offers a competitive hourly rate and flexible schedule.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org; Please reference “CASC Business Development” in subject line
In October 2012 CANASA launched the Canadian Accredited Security Contractor (CASC) program. The much-anticipated national program is the first industry-regulated program of its kind in Canada and aligns with CANASA’s strategic objective of promoting self-regulation in the electronic security industry. The CASC program was created to meet the needs of the growing electronic security industry in Canada and to enable like-minded security professionals to demonstrate their adherence to industry best practices in the absence of nationwide legislation. The program supports and promotes best practices, integrity, and ethics in the industry and help consumers source accredited security contractor companies (CASC Companies) across Canada. The program is open to all security contractor companies that meet eligibility criteria.
Print this page