Boon Edam showcases integrated technologies to mitigate tailgating
By Canadian Security StaffNews Boon Edam gsx
LILLINGTON, N.C. – Securtiy entrance manufacturer Boon Edam Inc. showcased integrated technologies to mitigate tailgating at the GSX exhibition in Chicago from September 10-12.
“Access technologies, such as card readers and biometric devices, are critical for controlling entry into secure areas, but you can’t really address tailgating unless you pair them with an appropriate security entrance,” said Tracie Thomas, vice-president of Marketing, Boon Edam, in a prepared statement. “We are proud to showcase our products at GSX where each has an integrated credential reading technology and all the entrances are networked to an access control system. Because of this integration, customers can get a real sense of how a complete solution will work together to address tailgating.”
The following solutions were on display in Boon Edam’s booth:
- Lifeline Speedlane Swing Optical Turnstile: The industry’s slimmest optical turnstile will feature a custom, integrated pedestal that incorporates the MorphoWave touchless fingerprint technology from IDEMIA. This solution enables high throughput with the enhanced security of rapid biometric identification, all in a compact, cohesive design.
- New! Lifeline Boost Access Control Pedestal: The Boost is a brand-new access control pedestal designed by Boon Edam to complement the Lifeline optical turnstile series. The Boost will include the latest version of Essex’s credential card reader, now with optical Bluetooth and OSDP capability, the iRox-T with BLE expands for HID Global’s Mobile Access solutions.
- Tourlock 180+90 Security Revolving Door: The Tourlock will feature an AMAG Symmetry card reader to demonstrate access control integration paired with the door’s uniquely high, bi-directional throughput and its ability to prevent tailgating and piggybacking without manned supervision.
- Circlelock Mantrap Portal: The Circlelock security portal prevents intrusion into the most sensitive areas such as data centers. The portal demonstrates two-factor authentication: an AMAG Symmetry card reader on the outside of the portal conducts the initial authorization, while facial recognition provides instant authentication inside the portal.
- BoonConnect Software: An IP-addressable, proprietary software system providing diagnostic and configuration tools for the Tourlock security revolving door and Circlelock mantrap portal. Users can remotely access door operations and events using devices such as a tablet, laptop or smartphone via a secured corporate network.
Print this page
- British Columbia ends practice of ‘birth alerts’ in child welfare cases
- One person in hospital after gunfire erupts at Alberta shopping mall