ASIS update: Eastern Greetings
By Chris ClarkeNews Industry News
On Dec. 7, over 30 professionals from the security management, consulting, integration, manufacturing, and guarding businesses came together for the 2016 ASIS International Atlantic Chapter 202 AGM and Networking event.
On behalf of the Board, we greatly appreciate those of you who made it out and missed those of you who understandably could not make it given the hectic season. Hopefully those who couldn’t make it will be able to make the next one in 2017.
I am pleased to announce that the new Chair for ASIS 202 in 2017 will be Dennis Delaney, CPP. Dennis moves from Co-Chair and he will be primed for a smooth transition. Jeff Vasseur will be joining as Secretary and Chris Leblanc will stay on as Young Professionals liaison. Other positions on the Board and Committees are still available and we welcome your involvement.
Some 2016 Chapter highlights:
• Membership up from 25 to 39
• Members now in all 4 provinces
• Certified members increased from four to six
• Two events conducted in 2016
• Exhibited at Security Canada Atlantic Show
2017 Goals include:
• Grow membership to 50 including increased numbers in NB, NL, and PE
• Grow number of Certified members to 10+
• Quarterly ASIS Atlantic meetings
• Create or join ASIS Canada web site
• Start sponsorship drive
It has been a pleasure serving as Chair for the last two years. I wanted to leave the Chapter in a much better position than it was when I took over in 2015 and I feel comfortable saying that it is.
Please stay involved and support the new Board and Chapter.
Happy New Year to all of you!
Chris Clarke is the outgoing Chairperson for ASIS International Atlantic Chapter 202.
Print this page
Leave a Reply